What is Forensic & Audit?
Forensic and Audit capacity is the ability for a business to access information about past actions or events. This could be as simple as seeing who last opened a file, or as complex as how a hack occurred. By tracking how an issue originated and its effects, audit trails can strengthen systems and help prevent similar issues in the future.
Forensic and auditing functionality can be useful at any time, whether as a response to an incident or as part of a larger, proactive quality or management strategy. Because trails can also track inefficiencies and mistakes; forensic and audit capabilities can be used to smooth workflow designs, flag bottlenecks, and improve overall efficiency.
These technologies work by surveilling systems they have access to. Therefore, doing Forensic and Audit well means casting a wide enough net and ensuring appropriate tools are in place to monitor the systems, files and users covered by that net.
- Take time to analyse where your data is, how it changes or moves, and what actions or behaviours you need tracked. Consider any holes or gaps that may exist.
- Consider that solely on-premise system or cloud system will be unlikely to meet your audit needs and a hybrid model may suit best.
- Ensure basic policies and processes are available to staff to ensure data is handled as consistently as possible to better help audit processes work at scale.
- Automate management and alerts for your data. This improves speed and reduces human error to ensure files remain audit-ready at all times.
- Design your business’ online storage space with growth in mind, allow your business to scale without a costly or time-consuming redesign.
Benefits from doing this well
- Reduce the likelihood of preventable or recurring incidents through a better understanding of how such events occured.
- Proactive automated management with 24-7 alerts leading to heightened staff efficiency and reduced errors.
- Improved transparency and easier more robust compliance.
- Reduced likelihood of a data breach, and better protection for your data in the event a breach occurs.
- Better prevention against costly data, legal and financial risks.
We often begin by mapping your data lifecycles and user journeys to provide insights into the coverage of your tools and the quality of those tools.
Harnessing our extensive experience in this area, including knowledge of compliance requirements in a broad number of industries, we partner with you to develop a list of strong solutions tailored to your goals and budget.
Our approach brings you access to the latest technologies, tailored to your business, in a way that's collaborative.