What is good Network Infrastructure?
Network infrastructure refers to the equipment connecting your organisations data, devices and software. This can include equipment within your business, but may also include technologies outside your business. For example how your business connects to a cloud service or alternate business location.
Well-designed network infrastructure is important to ensure your business maintains peak productivity. Network failures can stop work, prevent communications, result in financial loss, tarnish your brand in the eyes of customers or even put lives at risk. When done well, good network infrastructure keeps your business, staff and machinery running, and give you access to features and functionality such as remote work or monitoring previously possible.
- Take the time to understand how your network is structured and maintain schematics to make communication, support and troubleshooting easy.
- To better understand your connectivity requirements, consider the type of data your teams need to access. Video, images, voice or email. Each present different challenges.
- Consider how much data your teams need to process concurrently, and at what speed they need to be able to access this.
- Don’t overlook syncing requirements. As users go on and offline ensure this does not cause issues with how your staff collaborate on files.
- Be cautious during any data migration. Make sure to create a backup and perform appropriate quality control checks at key stages.
- Ensure key business processes are not slowed or limited by less crucial tasks such as staff browsing habits or larger background tasks that may run over the network.
- Ensure the locations your business operates out of most frequently have fast and reliable connectivity.
Benefits from doing this well
- Access and collaborate on files and software even from remote locations.
- Experience regular, reliable, and automated data syncs of files and applications.
- Increase speed, increase productivity.
- The ability to use new technologies and software without networks creating a barrier.
- Higher quality and reliable video-conferencing or broadcasting.
- Improved security.
- Stable network resilient to incidents, emergencies and changing conditions.
OpusV aims to finesse your network infrastructure to be the most reliable, fastest and cost-efficient it can be.
This is done by carefully assessing your business’ connectivity requirements and existing infrastructure to identify any blockages or limitations. We then develop hardware and software solutions within your budget that make maximum improvements possible.
As we design your infrastructure, we focus on freeing your team to solve more difficult tasks and handle large files at greater speeds without disruptions to your internet connection.
OpusV has also developed a number of innovative solutions around business continuity to ensure your business can maintain connectivity even if you lose an internet service.